AutoCAD 2014: A Problem-Solving Approach textbook contains a detailed explanation of the commands and tools of AutoCAD 2014. The textbook also explains their use in solving the drafting and design problems. Each AutoCAD command is thoroughly explained with the help of examples and illustrations to make it easy for the users to understand the function and application of the command. After reading this textbook, you will be able to use AutoCAD commands to make a drawing, create text, create and insert symbols, dimension a drawing, apply constraints to sketches, create blocks and dynamic blocks, create 3D objects, mesh objects and solid models, and render a scene.
Some of the features of this text book are:
- Consists of 36 pedagogical sequenced chapters covering the application part of AutoCAD.
- The first page of every chapter summarizes the topics that will be covered in it.
- Real-world projects and examples focusing on industry experience.
- Step-by-step examples that guide the users through the learning process.
- Additional information is provided throughout the textbook in the form of tips and notes.
- Self-Evaluation test and Review Questions are provided at the end of each chapter so that the users can assess their knowledge.
- Step-by-step instructions promote efficient use of the software while strengthening the problem-solving skills.
- Usage of commands and shortcuts to increase efficiency of the users.
- Dual emphasis on conceptual learning and hands-on practice leads to a thorough understanding of AutoCAD 2014.
- Latest enhancements in software like Inventor Fusion, Drawing Views, and In-canvas Viewport Controls etc. have been added.
|Brief Table of Contents
AutoCAD Part IChapter 1: Introduction to AutoCAD
Chapter 2: Getting Started with AutoCAD
Chapter 3: Starting with Advanced Sketching
Chapter 4: Working with Drawing Aids
Chapter 5: Editing Sketched Objects-I
Chapter 6: Editing Sketched Objects-II
Chapter 7: Creating Texts and Tables
Chapter 8: Basic Dimensioning, Geometric Dimensioning, and Tolerancing
Chapter 9: Editing Dimensions
Chapter 10: Dimension Styles, Multileader Styles, and System Variables
Chapter 11: Adding Constraints to Sketches
Chapter 12: Technical Drawing with AutoCAD
Chapter 13: Isometric Drawings
Chapter 14: Hatching Drawings
Chapter 15: Model Space Viewports, Paper Space Viewports, and Layouts
Chapter 16: Plotting Drawings
Chapter 17: Template Drawings
AutoCAD Part II
Chapter 18: Working with Blocks
Chapter 19: Defining Block Attributes
Chapter 20: Understanding External References
Chapter 21: Working with Advanced Drawing Options
Chapter 22: Grouping and Advanced Editing of Sketched Objects
Chapter 23: Working with Data Exchange & Object Linking and Embedding
Chapter 24: The User Coordinate System
Chapter 25: Getting Started with 3D
Chapter 26: Creating Solid Models
Chapter 27: Modifying 3D Objects
Chapter 28: Editing 3D Objects
Chapter 29: Surface Modeling
Chapter 30: Mesh Modeling
Chapter 31: Rendering and Animating Designs
Chapter 32: AutoCAD on Internet
AutoCAD Part III
Chapter 33: Accessing External Database
Chapter 34: Script Files and Slide Shows
Chapter 35: Creating Linetypes and Hatch Patterns
For more details, please click on following link: